A NEW WAY OF COACHING
‘The Oldest Approach on Earth’
We all know ‘there’s nothing new under the sun’ and this Philosophy has had its roots in How Humans Learn since the beginning of time.
But with Sport deviating towards Commercialism and Reductionist Approaches, we feel the need to present A New Way of Coaching, that moves us forward but will actually return us to the original intent and benefits of Sport to be enjoyed by Coaches, Players and their Communities.
GAME PLAY LEARN is here to:
Evolve the World of Coaching from
- Instructional methods and
- Structured environments
to providing more
- Play-Based and
- Self-Determined environments
Which, when applied, Players will grow in:
- Self – Confidence and Creativity
- Skill – Capabilities and
- Social – Connection
GPL is not only beneficial to your players, it will bring back the FUN to your Coaching as well!
This is The GAME PLAY LEARN Philosophy
GPL was developed by Former Matilda and FFA A-Licence Coach Joey Peters who experienced the futility of Sport in its elitism, structures and win-at-all-costs methods.
Joey sought answers for something better through expanding her Learning from Football and Sport, to Family and Life Values.
Researching Science and Human Development, The GPL Philosophy was born through a Collaboration of Coaches Learning in 2013 [Acknowledgments: Mark O’Sullivan Brad Porter, Andre Gumprecht, Matthew O’Neil] and has been brought to life with Joey Peters since 2016 in the Coaching, Teaching and Family contexts.
The GPL Philosophy can be applied to all Learning Contexts, with Joey’s passion and experience in the Sporting World, Coaching is the perfect example to experience GPL being brought to life.
SO IS GPL FOR YOU?
Haven’t Coached before or not Confident in how you’re going about it?
No need to be nervous, The GPL Way takes the pressure off you as Coach and ensure you and your players will not only ENJOY the Sporting Experience but IMPROVE as well!
Frustrated and Stressed by old methods of Coaching?
Lectures, Lines and Laps are not only boring, they take a lot of planning and explaining and they actually stifle Learning! The GPL Way is Learning by EXPERIENCE. The Learning is hidden in the FUN EXPERIENCE.
You have a passion for Sport and Learning?
GPL is a Life-Long Learning Journey that will change your whole world-view and give you new eyes to analyse the Sporting Landscape, Cultures and Human Behaviour.
GAME PLAY LEARN is for you!
Do The 5 Week GPL Experience with me!
Hi, Joey Peters here, I would personally like to invite you to do The 5 Week GPL Experience with me so I can share with you this New Way of Coaching.
GPL has really changed my whole worldview and particularly in all the various Coaching environments I’ve experienced from Backyards and Grassroots, to Professional Clubs and World Cups.
I WAS the Traditional Coach. I WAS the structured, instructional ‘professional’ who wanted to be the best and expected that for my Players as well.
That controlling, stressful world took a toll on me and the Players I worked with.
I needed change.
They needed change.
GPL has made such a big difference in my own professional and personal life as well as seeing players enjoy and improve their sport so much more than before.
This is some of what Parents have said about their family’s GPL Experience
- “The Kids kept talking about GPL all week. Hudson liked the Music, the Playing and no-one yelling at him. More people need to know about this unique approach to getting kids active and building self-confidence. My boys are loving it and I can really see improvement already in their resilience and independence.” Carissa Brown, Parent
- “Tom has enjoyed this sport’s relaxed, fun and energy. He has had a wonderful time and met lots of new friends, on his team and opposing teams. The smiles on children’s faces every week are magical. This is how Sport should be!” – Bron Flanagan, Parent
This is more than just an Online Course,
it’s an Experience to kick-start change to:
A NEW WAY OF COACHING
A COURSE FRAMEWORK:
We’ve identified 10 Focus Areas that are designed to help you shift from Traditional Coaching Methods to a New Way of Coaching through The GPL Philosophy.
By understanding the differences, it’s our hope that you will begin to see the world differently and be able to be more conscious to create something new in your environment.
The 10 Focus Areas are:
A New Way of Coaching
From Teaching to Learning
From Coach to Facilitator
From Results to Relationships
From Exclusive to Inclusive
From Motivator to Learning Designer
From Training to Playing
From Session Planning to Game Designing
From Controlling to Trusting
From Structure to The Street
The 5 Week GPL Experience includes:
- Each Focus Area Download and Tasks are sent directly to your Email Inbox each Monday and Thursday over the 5 Week period.
- Exclusive Access to The GPL Community Facebook Group for questions, discussions and collaborating with The GPL Team and other Facilitators during the Experience.
- 1 x Personal Online Analysis and Reflection of your Session/Event with Joey and The GPL Team during the 5 Week Experience.
- All research and written material is provided via exclusive website content and PDF downloads for your own keeping.
From these 10 Focus Areas you will be more aware of the difference in philosophies and therefore able to start Facilitating The GPL Way and bringing it to life in your environment.
Here’s a BONUS!
Now, here’s something new – No more Session Plans, we are Facilitators!
Are you Ready for Change?
THE 5 Week Experience is LAUNCHING
Monday 11th March, 2019